Monday 13 December 2010

Alone But No Longer Lonely

At times, living and working alone can be somewhat lonely.  One finds oneself voicing thoughts aloud simply to break the silence, (and, yes I'm aware this places me firmly in the category of loon) and to reinforce one's opinions and thoughts - there is something rather affirmative about hearing a thought aired.  Today I was reminded that in reality, I am far from alone.  Whilst I may not see my dearest friends and family often, when faced with a potentially stomach-twisting meeting this morning, I felt utterly supported by the net of loved ones that were firmly holding me in mind.

This time last year I felt utterly on my one.  Made redundant, cast out and at risk of becoming very prickly in defence.  Yet I have now learnt the difference between being alone and on my own.  I have learnt to soften the boundaries, to invite my loved ones in because I simply want to feel them around me.  To take risks with emotions without fear of being rejected or discarded.  And my goodness.  What a wonderful risk to have taken.

Thank you darling friends and family, both here and abroad.  I feel held. I feel loved.  I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment